Lower Thames Crossing Tender Worth a Combined £1.9 Million
Two Lower Thames Crossing Tender Opportunities
Two Lower Thames Crossing tender opportunities are being released by Highways England. The routes are worth a combined £1.9 million, building roads north and south of the Thames. It’s known as the Lower Thames Crossing project.
The project will build a total of 14.2 miles of new roads that’ll connect to the longest road tunnel in the UK. The works will improve journeys by almost doubling road capacity across the River Thames east of London.
The two roads are the final of the three main works contracts to be procured for the scheme by Highways England. The £2 billion Tunnels and Approaches contract is currently out for tender. The £162.5 million Integration Partner contract was awarded earlier in the year.
The two Lower Thames Crossing tender opportunities:
The Kent Roads contract
This will be a two-stage design and build contract worth £600 million. The works will be part of the route from the A2/M2 corridor to 1km south of the southern tunnel entrance. It will include strategic utilities and environmental interfaces within the contract. It comprises of:
- 6km of new road, including a multi-level junction connecting the A2 to the Lower Thames Crossing.
- A road designed to minimise impact. It will need extensive landscaping with new and upgraded structures, embankments, cuttings and retaining walls.
- Environmental mitigation is at the heart of the scheme. Two “Green Bridges” at Thong Lane and Brewers Road. They will combine green spaces with cycling, walking and vehicle access. Brewers Road will cater for horse riders.
- Ecological works for species protection and habitat enhancement along the route.
- The diversion of utilities including strategic gas mains, electricity cables. Water and telecoms.
The Roads North of the Thames contract
This is also a two-stage design and build contract worth £1.3 billion. It will deliver the route from 1km north of the northern tunnel entrance to Junction 29 of the M25. New link roads are required to connect to the route with the M25, A13 and A1089. It will involve:
- 16km of new road with over 30 proposed new or upgraded structures, cuttings, embankments, retaining walls and under bridges. These will take the route through the A13 to join the M25 at Junction 29.
- Environmental mitigation with the roads screened with 5 “Green Bridges”.
- Two viaducts at Tilbury over Tilbury Loop Railway and across Orsett Fenn over the Mardyke flood plain. Both should be designed to enhance connectivity under the crossing supporting local community access.
- Diversion of utilities including gas mains, electric cables and towers.
- Ecological works along the route for species protection and habitat enhancement.
Matt Palmer, Lower Thames Crossing Executive Director, said:
Our roads connect us – we rely on them, and they are a critical part of our economic recovery and low-carbon future. The Lower Thames Crossing is the most ambitious road project this country has seen since the M25 was completed 35 years ago. These contracts show our commitment to this project, which will support 22,000 jobs during its construction and provide a huge economic boost to the UK economy when it opens for traffic.
“Our challenge is to build the new crossing in a way that not only supports the next generation of low carbon vehicles, but minimises our footprint, and allows us to enhance the natural environment and leave a positive legacy for our neighbours and users.”
Need help writing your next construction tender?
If tis construction contract in the UK sounds like something you want to get involved in, we can help. Our sister company, Hudson Succeed, offer four bid writing support packages. They have an 87% success rate and have 60 years of collective bid writing experience.
- A Tender Ready programme
- Tender Writing services
- The Tender Improvement package
- Tender Mentor support
Looking for more tender opportunities like this?
Here at Construction Tenders, you’ll never miss out on a construction tendering opportunity again. Our Opportunity Trackers manually search and upload construction leads and tender opportunities from thousands of websites daily. You’re able to filter and search for construction tenders by keyword, budget, location and more. Gone are the days of relying on inaccurate CPV codes. This allows you to find the perfect tendering opportunity for your business.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business grow.
We also source opportunities for services including;
- Health & Safety Tenders
- Cable Laying Tenders
- Structural Engineering Tenders
- Electrical Tenders
- Building Works
- Joinery Tenders
- Architectural Tenders
- Refurbishment Tenders
- Brickwork Tenders
- Small Construction Tenders
- Civil Engineering Tenders
- Surveying Tenders
- Demolition Tenders
- Flooring Tenders
- Glass Tenders
- Cost Consultancy
- Painting Contracts
- Decorating Tenders
- Masonry and many more.
Upgrade to Discover Elite
Upgrading to Discover Elite can save you even more time, optimising your tendering opportunities even when you’re busy. Our two time-saving tools can improve your bidding success rate and competitor awareness. Each package can help save you even more time when searching for construction tenders.
The Ultimate Time Saver package includes:
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Hudson Discover sector-specific portals. This option best suits a business that overlaps two industries such as Construction and Logistics for example.
- A maximum of five tender breakdowns per month.
- Pre-market and award engagement notices monitored on your behalf.
- Buyer portal management including registration, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid or no-bid.
- Weekly phone calls with your on-hand Account Manager to discuss viable tendering opportunities.
The Become a Pre-Bid Master package includes:
- All of the above.
- Up to seven tender breakdowns per month.
- A Bid Strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience. It will also be managed by our Global Bid Director.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business.
You Might Also Like
- A Guide to New Construction Tenders
- Tender for Construction Projects
- A Guide to Construction Tenders Online
- Finding Success in Procurement and Tendering in Construction
- 4 Key New Bills Relevant to Government Construction Tenders
- Competitive Tendering in Construction
- 3 Myths You’ll Hear When You Tender for Building Work
- Topographical Survey Tenders Explained
- Open Tendering in Construction
- Answers to your FAQs About Building Surveying Tenders