3 Things to Expect from Refurbishment Tenders
Refurbishment tenders and where to find them
Refurbishment tenders can be confusing if you’ve never tendered for construction contracts before. They are used by both private and public sector buyers when they require refurbishment works. Refurbishment tenders may be used for works in residential buildings, offices, village halls or conference centres to name a few.
The award criteria for refurbishment tenders varies from buyer to buyer as each will have different needs and requirements. An example award criterion for refurbishment tenders may look like:
- Price 60%
- Quality 30% Comprising of:
- Method statement, site waste management plan and site setup
- Programme and completion timescales
- Quality management systems
- Health and safety
- Company experience and capability
- Technical compliance
- Commercial compliance.
- Social value 10% (for public sector contracts)
3 things you can expect from refurbishment tenders
Refurbishment tenders often offer an optional or mandatory site visit. This enables a potential supplier to go and view the worksite environment in person. If this is an option, it’s highly encouraged that you attend. This is because site visits can help with your tender response.
They allow you to be able to see the site with your own eyes. You may be able to pick up on something you otherwise wouldn’t be able to. They may even lead you to produce more accurate pricing for your services. Site visits for refurbishment tenders also allow you to gain insight into the buyer.
Health and safety
Health and safety are important aspects of any tender. Buyers want to be reassured that you upkeep and hold best practice while performing a contract. They want to know that both your employees and any general public will be out of harm’s way. They’re also crucial due to the dangerous nature of construction jobs, accidents can happen, after all. Due to this, buyers will ask for a copy of your health and safety policies and regulations for refurbishment tenders. Some examples that are relevant are:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- CDM Regulations 2015
- Managing Contractors – Health and Safety Executive
Previous contract examples
Refurbishment tenders will likely require you to provide previous contract examples you have completed. They should be similar in complexity and scope and style. You may be asked for up to three examples within the last five years. They are often referred to as case studies and can strengthen your bid.
Depending on the word count, positive testimonials from previous clients will result in gained trust from the buyer. You want to convey and assert yourself to the buyer, demonstrating the quality of your work. A glowing testimonial can also help you gain an edge over your competitors.
Case studies should:
- Be relevant
- Detail your experience of a project of a similar scale
- Include the challenges you encountered and overcame, demonstrating problem-solving skills and flexibility
- Note whether you completed the contract on time and in budget.
Need assistance writing your next refurbishment tenders?
If writing isn’t your strong suit that’s ok. There’s no denying that contractors for refurbishment tenders care about the quality of your written response. You may not have the resources, time or experience to write a winning response in-house. If that’s the case outsourcing to bid writing experts can help you win your next tender.
Our sister company Hudson Succeed, are bid writing experts. They have over 60 years of bid writing experience and an 87% success rate. They offer four bid writing support services that can help you win your next refurbishment tenders. Whether you’re completely new to tendering or need your bid response proofread before you submit – they can help.
Once you’ve found the perfect refurbishment tender for your business, why not send it over to us? Our Bid Writers can take care of it all for you. They’ll let you know what they need from you, providing you with a full Tender Writing breakdown. They’ll even submit it on your behalf.
If you’ve written your own tender response and need someone to double-check it for errors, Tender Mentor can help. Our Bid Team will proofread your work for any inconsistencies, grammar or spelling mistakes. They’ll also ensure that it’s in line with the specification before you submit.
Our Tender Ready programme is perfect for those who have never tendered before. A Bid Writer will work with you to make sure you have everything you need in place to tender successfully. The 4-week programme offers your business:
- A 12-month subscription to Construction Tenders
- Access to Global Bid Directors and Senior Bidding professionals
- An organisation-wide Bid Library, including 3 case studies, 5 CV’s and 8 policies
- Additional flexible benefit options.
If you’ve been tendering but aren’t seeing the results you want, our Tender Improvement package can help. The Bid Team will assess your previous responses and tender documents, working with you to improve for future submissions. This package includes a 12-month subscription to Construction Tenders and additional tendering development services.
Where can I find refurbishment tenders?
Sourcing the right refurbishment tenders for your business can take hours out of your busy day. There are thousands of sites posting multi-sector tendering opportunities daily. Keeping track of various logins, portals and passwords can turn into a full-time job. Luckily for you, we have a time-saving tool that can help simplify and optimise your search.
Construction Tenders is a portal that hosts all the live construction leads and tendering opportunities within the construction industry. Gone are the days of relying on inaccurate CPV codes! Our Opportunity Trackers source and upload exclusive, public and private sector opportunities from across the UK. You’re able to filter and search the results by keyword, budget, location and more. This streamlines the process, allowing you to find the perfect refurbishment tenders for your business.
Below are previous refurbishment tenders sourced on our portal:
Central Region Refurbishment Programme Projects
Ministry of Defence- Eastern- Budget: £4,500,000
Flat Roof Refurbishment Works to Scoil Padraig Naofa (Boys NS) & St. Joseph’s (GNS)
Scoil Phadraig Naofa BNS (Mountmellick)- Republic of Ireland- Budget: Undisclosed
GoJ-HCS JGH – Maternity Refurbishment – Builders Work
States of Jersey- International- Budget: Undisclosed
Manipulator refurbishment for the area, WEP and MEP Reference number: 35/09712.30
Sellafield- North West- Budget: Undisclosed
Refurbishment of Existing School Building to Provide Community Facilities
Ceide Coast- Republic of Ireland- Budget: Undisclosed
What’s included in a subscription to Construction Tenders?
A subscription to our Construction Tenders portal offers your business:
- Access to all unique, public and private sector opportunities across the Construction sector.
- Discounted support from Hudson Succeed, our bid writing division.
- An on-hand Account Manager to answer any questions you may have about refurbishment tenders or the tendering process in general.
- A daily email bulletin sent straight to your inbox when new construction tenders are uploaded that day.
The best way to venture into the tendering world is through booking a live demo of Construction Tenders.
We also source opportunities for services including;
- Health & Safety Tenders
- Cable Laying Tenders
- Structural Engineering Tenders
- Electrical Tenders
- Building Works
- Joinery Tenders
- Architectural Tenders
- Brickwork Tenders
- Small Construction Tenders
- Civil Engineering Tenders
- Surveying Tenders
- Demolition Tenders
- Flooring Tenders
- Glass Tenders
- Cost Consultancy
- Painting Contracts
- Decorating Tenders
- Masonry and many more.
Get in touch to find out how we can help your business grow.
Upgrade to Discover Elite
Upgrading to Discover Elite can save you even more time, optimising your tendering opportunities even when you’re busy. Our two time-saving tools can improve your competitor awareness and bidding success rate. Each package can help save you even more time when searching for refurbishment tenders.
The Ultimate Time Saver package includes:
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Hudson Discover sector-specific portals. This option best suits a business that overlaps two industries such as Construction and Logistics for example.
- A maximum of five tender breakdowns per month.
- Pre-market and award engagement notices monitored on your behalf.
- Buyer portal management including registration, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid or no-bid.
- Weekly phone calls with your on-hand Account Manager to discuss viable refurbishment tendering opportunities.
The Become a Pre-Bid Master package includes:
- All of the above.
- Up to seven tender breakdowns per month.
- A Bid Strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience. It will also be managed by our Global Bid Director.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business.
You Might Also Like
- A Guide to New Construction Tenders
- Tender for Construction Projects
- A Guide to Construction Tenders Online
- Finding Success in Procurement and Tendering in Construction
- 4 Key New Bills Relevant to Government Construction Tenders
- Competitive Tendering in Construction
- 3 Myths You’ll Hear When You Tender for Building Work
- Topographical Survey Tenders Explained
- Open Tendering in Construction
- Answers to your FAQs About Building Surveying Tenders